Thursday, May 31, 2012

Oh goodness

Tonight, my mason and I did not have a good night.  I am sick with bronchitis and a sinus infection, Nate and conner are up at eagle river, and I have a 22 month old.who will not keep his diaper on and peed on the floor (with an occasional #2 thrown in for good measure.  After he took it off in his crib and peed on his bedding, I lost it.  Ugly cry and all.  I spanked his but and just started screaming.  Not a proud mommy moment, at.all.  after I changed his bedding, his tear.streaked face.just broke my heart.  I gave him a huge hug, and about a million kisses saying how sorry I was and I should not yell and scream like that.  Hopefully, like someone on facepage said, he will forget since kids have the attention spans of knats.  I sure hope he won't bring it up in some repressed memory session!  Needless to say, I am more than ready for daddy and cdog to get home.  They planted over a 100 trees today, went canoeing (Omg I was hoping he wouldn't want to do that) and went fishing, where he caught not one, but FIVE fish!  Such a little angler.  then they had a bonfire and he got weepy when Blake sheltons, "I went to go home" song came on.  And he broke my heart the last time I talked to.him on Tuesday...he was fine just chatting away then just burst into tears.  Is it bad that I am glad he actually misses me?
Not much on our home front.  My mom came over to watch the twinnies while I went to.the Dr.. then she did my dishes and picked up.  Gotta love mommies! 
I swear, tomorrow will be a better day, and I will smother mason and Madrid in kisses and hugs to make up for my major lapse in good mothering.. and then daddy and conner will.be home and we will all have some much needed family time.  <3 you all so much, and I promise to do better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment